Monday 25 May 2009

Loving the macro

Another trip to meadows and fields chasing after butterflies and damselflies was how I passed one of the bank holiday weekend mornings. I think I am a bit too early to see and real action at the moment and things will heat up in a few weeks when average temperatures are warmer. I haven't yet seen a dragonfly and most if the butterflies have been white. I have seen a couple of Peacock butterflies but not managed to capture any yet. Snails seemed to be about in abundance though, and a LOT of mating going on with other insects!



The macro lens is permanently on the camera at the moment and trying to capture the little critters has been kinda fun. I never thought I'd be that interested in insects and the like but it's actually a skill to get all the subject sharp at such close range so there is an element of competitiveness with my own abilities as well as learning new techniques.

I'm sure I'll also get the wide angle lens back on the camera soon to create some landscapes. But for now... Bring on the dragonflies! :-)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete